So for the past few days I have been completely blocked on my Delaney story. I was pretty mad at her actually for not showing up for so long, I bet that’s what it was like for people as early on as the sixth century and in World War I and World War II when they used carrier pigeons to deliver messages. I mean what if you sent something precious and important over via carrier pigeon and your pigeon took forever to come back with a response? All sorts of things would come to mind, like what if my pigeon got lost and didn’t even deliver the message? What if they didn’t respond to my message? What if the enemies of war shot my carrier pigeon in order to compromise my plan and now it’s never coming back? (By the way, I think I’m just as crazy as you think I am right now!) Well that’s what it was like when I lost Delaney for a few days. What if she doesn’t come back? What if she is lost and I can’t find her story anymore? What If, what if, what if. Thankfully though, my carrier pigeon came back and I am back on my way with my story. But, the worry the absence caused is unforgivable. You have a lot of sucking up to do, Delaney.
This is invasive. That’s not one of the ten songs. In fact, I have never heard of a song go by that title.
So here it goes.
1. The Last Song–Hilary Duff
2. Lessons Learned–Carrie Underwood
3. Gone Forever–Three Days Grace
4. The Sign/Eternal Flame/Turn the Beat Around–Barden Bellas
5. Because of You–Kelly Clarkson
6. Believe–Suzie McNeil
7. Lucky–Britney Spears
8. Beam Me Up–P!nk
10. Don’t Let Me Be Lonely–The Band Perry
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. -Nelson Mandela
I believe that education is very important. Aside from the fact that an education can give you a higher pay in your chosen career, it gives you an opportunity to build on the intelligence you already have. Receiving an education can challenge you in ways that makes you wonder about things you may not have run across before, it may open your eyes to different perspectives, different opportunities in life such as a career you may be interested in or an activity that deals with a particular skill of yours. It may also be difficult, it may put you in a position of seeking help when you need it and teach you other ways to take care of yourself. Education helps you all around, academically, personally, and socially. You don’t always need to be in a classroom per say to receive an education, it can be anywhere. In a learning environment that suits your personality and lifestyle. Whichever way you approach education, it’s beneficial to you as a person and keeps you informed on the world around you, its influences and what you have to contribute to it.
I was so nicely nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the awesome, amazing, and sweet Domestic Geek Girl. Yesterday I logged on and saw that orange notification button and clicked it excitingly (because who doesn’t get excited when they see that beautiful orange button?!) and to my surprise, it was the Domestic Geek Girl telling me she has nominated me for this award. It brightened my day and made me happy. So, thank you so much! You’re the best!
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 Intersting Things About Me:
1. I think it would be really cool to run a baking business and make cookies and cakes and pretty much anything that falls under the baking department. It’s like another creative outlet for me and I thoroughly enjoy it.
2. I love bread. Especially Greek bread, because it’s the best, and if you haven’t had it, you’re truly missing out. 😛
3. I used to have a double major. My first being Early Childhood Education, the second was Computer Animation because I wanted to be an animator at Pixar. I still think that would be a cool job, but I decided to stick with what I truly love, kids and now have a single major of Early Childhood Education. I’m still a HUGE fan of Pixar, I can identify their animation style easily among other animation studios.
4. This is my dog: Here name is Zsa Zsa, she is a cuddlebug and loves to have all the attention. She also is a bit odd and likes to lay in weird positions…Like this: She also was shaved in January because I put some cute dog shirts on her and it matted up her fur. Sorry Zsa Zsa. You should have told me you mat. Another weird thing about her is that when I first brought her home she was afraid to jump up on the couch, bed or anything higher up than her. She also hated going down the steps to the basement and the one step outside by our door.
This is Max, he loves clothes: Seriously. He growls if you try to take it off.
5. I don’t like cheese.
6. I named my car Karl. He’s nice. Except for that time his battery died while I was in Buehler’s getting some groceries and he had to be towed. One good thing came out of that situation and I will talk about that in a later post.
7. I am an over-planner. I often have my days all scheduled out by the minute and love to plan the week’s activities for the kids I watch way ahead of time so I know exactly what’s going on.
My Nominations (In No Particular Order):
A very inspiring blog that is a great pick me up and makes you feel like you can do anything. I love to reblog his inspirational material.
Her posts keep me laughing and I thoroughly enjoy reading what she has to say!
This blogger gives awesome, honest and absolutely accurate advice, who makes me think about common situations in a different way and how you can improve yourself.
A blogger who posts great pictures and daily posts and stories about her life. I first started following her blog when I read this post, as it is something that relates to my career interest and loved everything about what she had said.
Who doesn’t like a great writing blog with great interviews and great material AND where you learn more about the bloggers themselves in their responses to topics???
This is one awesome blog with a golden idea! These girls are so inspirational with their goal of helping others achieve their goals and encourage others to help the people around them!
Hilarious blogger who has some pretty witty and entertaining posts that have you laughing and smiling!
Amazing writer, amazing person AND has a book out that I want to read. Definitely give her blog a read!
If you like writing this is a very good and informative blog that discusses topics in publishing and other book related topics! Check it out! I love it!
A unique name with a great concept for their blog. They post pictures from people who read their blog of their feet in places they have been and it’s like a collection of people (their feet) everywhere all brought together in one blog! It’s like you’re travelling all over when you read their blog!
This blog post is a novel, each post is a chapter of the novel and I am still reading them, but what I’ve read so far, are pretty darn good! Give it a read!
This girl is hilarious! I love reading her posts because they give me a good laugh and are ones you can relate to!
–This is a blog dedicated to sharing the post it notes his employer has left for him in the past few years, it keeps me entertained, I can only imagine how it would be to be on the receiving end of these post its.
I absolutely love her posts and ramblings and what she has to say, if you don’t follow her yet, you’re missing out.
This blog also is a great concept for a blog, it is addressed to his son and talks about him parenting his son and gives his son pointers an lessons along the way. Love it.
I hope my future will be filled with happiness. I hope that I will be successful, meaning I will get a good job and reach some of my dreams. I hope that my future will be shared with my future husband, being the love of my life and have children and provide a good life for my family.
Is it safe to say that it has been a long week when you go to button up your shirt before you go out and stand there for the longest time confused why it’s so difficult to button them up and it’s almost like they buttons are on the wrong way just to spite you, and when you’ve finally buttoned it all the way, look down and see a tag towards the bottom and wonder, since when is there a tag on the outside? AND THEN realize you put the shirt on inside out and that you were right about the buttons being on the wrong side, but apparently an idiot when it comes to putting on clothes. It’s basic stuff, people! And I failed it completely. At that point I just left my hair in a messy bun and gave up trying any further.
It has been a long week and glad it’s the weekend!! Hope you all have some fun plans this weekend!!